Orange Group – formerly France Telecom
From 2003 to 2009, I evolved from being:
Usability Expert in the R&D department
Project Manager for a Time-to-Market strategic initiative
User Experience Research Manager in Group Strategic Marketing
User Experience Research Manager
Jul 2007 – Jan 2009
Paris / London
Delivered multi-country user experience research projects which met the needs of internal clients.
End to end supervision of usability and usage related activities from gathering internal customers’ research requirements through to reporting findings and driving impact within the Business.
Ethnographic and behavioural research.
Studies covered the following thematics:
– Storage and sharing : photos, music, documents
– TV : TV usage understanding, mobile TV, first iphone TV app, catch-up TV
– Home understanding : mobile operator opportunities
– Self Care : Web & Mobile portal
– Billing : Mobile balance enquiry, Top up , Web & Mobile bills/payment
– Orange Box Software installation suite
– Orange Music Player, Music Cast, Music Store
– Mobile payment
Project Manager R&D
2006 – 2007
Managing a strategic Time To Market project around User Generated Content and Web 2.0 environment.
Managing a team of developers, usability experts and designers.
Usability Expert R&D
2004 – 2006
Usability Expert – Research & Development Engineer
Research and Conception in Ergonomics department
Managing projects and leading a team of usability consultants and designers.
Running usability activities and developing prototypes for PC and mobile applications.
Working closely with all of the Orange business units to anticipate future user needs.
Services concept, Prototyping & Testing for :
– Orange Mobile Homescreen 2.0
– Simplicity+: Group Devices Homescreen solution
– Photo best practices & Users’ expectations
– Camera opportunities on a mobile (barcodes, etc..)
– TV best practices & Users’ expectations
– Search best practices & Users’ expectations
– Unification of Web, Mobile and Fixed line address books
Heuristic evaluation & Field testing :
– Mobile Use Case analysis (250 use cases) on how people use their mobile phone.
– Found out best practices and defined evaluation criteria to assess new phones
– The criteria list became part of the Orange Group Design Requirements: document sent by Orange to every mobile manufacturer of “Orange Signature” Handsets (Nokia, HTC, Sony, etc.)
Member of the World Wireless Research Forum, writing and presenting research papers.
Teaching User Centred Design at the ENIB, Brest National Engineer School.